On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Richard Purdie < richard.purdie@linuxfoundation.org> wrote: > On Wed, 2016-06-01 at 08:35 -0700, Christopher Larson wrote: > > > > On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 5:35 AM, Richard Purdie < > > richard.purdie@linuxfoundation.org> wrote: > > > Check that 'python' is a python v2 since that is what we assume > > > everywhere > > > and upstream python devs recommend. We can need both python2 and > > > python3 > > > available since we don't control the software we might download and > > > run. > > > > > > Also check that python 3 is >= 3.4.0, our minimum version for > > > bitbake. > > > > > > Signed-off-by: Richard Purdie > > > > > I'm curious, why don't we just have a bit of logic to figure out what > > the names are of the binaries, create a subdir and prepend it to the > > path, and add symlinks or wrapper scripts there to the real binaries > > on the system? > > We could do this I guess, I'm kind of hoping we don't have to as it > just adds more complexity. > > Tempted to leave the patch as it stands for initial merging and then we > can see how many people have issues... That's reasonable. I think the main distro that'll run into this is arch, and arch users should be used to having to hack around 'python' not being python 2 for other projects by now :) -- Christopher Larson clarson at kergoth dot com Founder - BitBake, OpenEmbedded, OpenZaurus Maintainer - Tslib Senior Software Engineer, Mentor Graphics