On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 1:32 AM Lars-Peter Clausen wrote: > I guess one question is whether this should be generic. > iio_dma_buffer_data_available() is a generic function and not specific to the > DMA buffers, so it would work just fine for FIFO based buffers as well. So it looks like we could implement this generically as a member of iio_buffer_attrs, and have it simply use iio_buffer_data_available() instead of iio_dma_buffer_data_available(). This would also be a bit cleaner, as the iio_buffer_attrs logic already has code to append existings attrs, allowing device-specific attrs to be easily added. What about the case when the data_available element in iio_buffer_access_funcs is undefined (e.g. industrialio-buffer-cb)? Do we modify iio_buffer_data_available() to return 0, do we make the sysfs function return -ENOENT or -EINVAL, or simply not expose the sysfs interface for this case? -- -- Matthew Fornero matthew.fornero@gmail.com (734)-846-4968