Hi Tim, That was quite a detailed reply. Thanks a lot. Fuego looks promising, I am looking forward to the future releases of Fuego. Regards, Dhinakar On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 11:21 PM, Bird, Timothy wrote: > > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: dhinakar k on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 7:34 PM > > > > Hi Tim, > > > > That was a very detailed reply. > > Thank you very much. > > > > Just one follow up question. > > How does Fuego compare with Avocado? > > If you had checked it out already please let me know. > > I did take a quick look at Avacado a while back, and put > some notes at: > http://bird.org/fuego/Other_test_systems#Avacado > > Avacado has some very nice features. > It seems like it excels at handling large test matrices. It has yaml > files to define the different test variations. > > They also interface well with Jenkins - a single command-line from a > Jenkins > job can start an avocado test, and they product output that is easily > parsed > by existing Jenkins post-processors. > e.g. 'avacado run /bin/true sleeptest passtest --xunit > "$WORKSPACE/results.xml"...' > > They have an 'avacado server' concept, where each host can execute jobs > from > another machine (I believe - I haven't tried it out). > > So far, it looks like Avacado is used for virtualization testing. I don't > see a > lot of different tests that run on this framework. > > Here are some of the major difference, that I can see (this is with limited > study of Avacado, so I apologize for any omissions of features on their > part): > 1) Fuego is both a test framework, and a distribution of tests themselves. > * We have about 60 tests now, with about 90 in our 'next' branch > * the goal is to have hundreds of tests available, for a wide variety > of system features and issues > 2) Fuego provides a consistent, containerized back end (docker) so that the > builds of the test software can be uniform between different sites. > * this will help when comparing results from different sites > * multi-site results comparisons are not done yet, but on our > roadmap > 3) Fuego has a multi-node test API (host/target), that is specially geared > for > embedded linux testing > * the footprint on the target is intentionally very small, using > existing POSIX features > * IOW - there is no specialized target agent on the target board > (except for a transport agent, like sshd or adb) > * Fuego is geared towards testing of final production images of the > software stacks for products > 4) Fuego is behind Avacado in terms of: > a) unified test ouput (we're working on that now) > b) test results sharing > * (also in-progress - 'runs' can be packaged and shared now to a > central server, in our 'next' branch) > * however, there's only rudimentary test display and analysis on > the Fuego server at the moment > * Avacado seems to be using Jenkins for this - and we should > look at them more closely to see what they're doing > > There are more, but hopefully this is helpful to see some of the > differences. > -- Tim > >