On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 5:24 PM, Ian Campbell wrote: > On Mon, 2015-03-30 at 17:14 +0200, Tamas K Lengyel wrote: > > > According to ARMv8 ARM HPFAR is valid for any of these: > > * A Translation or Access Flag fault on a stage 2 > translation. > > * A stage 2 Address Size fault. > > * A fault on the stage 2 translation of an address > accessed in a > > stage 1 translation table walk. > > > > I think what you are (correctly) saying is that it omits "a > permission > > fault on a stage 2 translation", which is one of the cases which > can > > occur under xenaccess. Which is shame :-( > > > > Hm, what I recall is that it is valid for permission faults as well, > > but only and exclusively during s1ptw. > > Right, which is the third bullet I quoted. The issue I was referring to > was the lack of permission faults being mentioned in the first bullet (! > s1ptw case). > > Ian. > Yeap, that's the core of the problem.. Tamas