Il mar 16 feb 2021, 15:52 Peter Maydell ha scritto: > > It's just an example that the prevalence of "nowait" over "wait" is > simply because the default of "server" is false while the default of "wait" > is true. Any boolean option whose default is true could benefit from a > "no"-prefixed short form. But I am pretty sure that there are users in the > wild for noipv4 or noipv6. > > I think 'nowait' is special only because for so long our documentation > has recommended 'server,nowait' (and possibly also because inetd > uses 'nowait'?). I don't think it's inherently much better than > "wait=off" or whatever. I just think that if we have a situation > where exactly 1 boolean option has very widespread use of 'nofoo' then > it's worth special casing it. > If the point is just the one option that needs to be special cased because it's in the documentation, that also applies at a higher level to -chardev: let's just not warn for that one, and that's the end of the discussion. Paolo > -- PMM > >