Il ven 17 lug 2020, 13:03 Peter Maydell ha scritto: > On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 at 18:03, Paolo Bonzini wrote: > > > > There is no reason to write MINIKCONF_DEPS manually, since minikconf.py > > emits a dependency file, and also no reason to list multiple Kconfig > > files on the command line since they can be included from a master file > > in the top-level source directory. > > > > Signed-off-by: Paolo Bonzini > > Hi Paolo. With this change Make seems no longer to realise > that a change to a Kconfig file means it needs to rebuild > the config-devices.mak, which means that we tend to get > weird compile failures for changes which update Kconfig files. > > Specifically here, the $(MINIKCONF_DEPS) long list of Kconfig > files has been removed from the dependency list of > config-devices.mak. > > There doesn't seem to be any machinery for creating .d > files for make to include to tell it that Kconfig has a > dependency on hw/Kconfig which has a dependency on hw/i2c/Kconfig etc. > How is this intended to work ? > I cannot look at a build tree right now, but shouldn't that be in the .d file produced by minikconf.py Those are passed to minikconf.py as the second argument and included with "include $(SUBDIR_DEVICES_MAK_DEP)". No objection against reverting though. Paolo > For 5.1, should we just revert this commit ? > > thanks > -- PMM > >