* meta-java compilation failure
@ 2014-02-13  1:16 Ashish Dalela
From: Ashish Dalela @ 2014-02-13  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto list discussion

Hi

I'm facing the below compilation failure while doing "bitbake
openjdk-7-jre". Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
| ----------
| 1. WARNING in src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/spi/NOPLogger.java (at line
59)
|       void closeNestedAppenders() {
|            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| The method NOPLogger.closeNestedAppenders() does not override the
inherited method from Category since it is private to a different package
| ----------
| ----------
| 2. ERROR in src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/net/SMTPAppender.java (at line
1)
|       /*
|       ^
| The type javax.mail.Transport cannot be resolved. It is indirectly
referenced from required .class files
| ----------
| 3. ERROR in src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/net/SMTPAppender.java (at line
39)
|       import javax.mail.Transport;
|              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| The import javax.mail.Transport cannot be resolved
| ----------
| 4. ERROR in src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/net/SMTPAppender.java (at line
416)
|       Transport.send(msg);
|       ^^^^^^^^^
| Transport cannot be resolved
| ----------
| ----------
| 5. WARNING in
src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/viewer/LogFactor5InputDialog.java (at
line 38)
|       public class LogFactor5InputDialog extends LogFactor5Dialog {
|                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| The serializable class LogFactor5InputDialog does not declare a static
final serialVersionUID field of type long
| ----------
| 6. WARNING in
src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/viewer/LogFactor5InputDialog.java (at
line 88)
|       hide();
|       ^^^^^^
| The method hide() from the type Dialog is deprecated
| ----------
| 7. WARNING in
src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/viewer/LogFactor5InputDialog.java (at
line 96)
|       hide();
|       ^^^^^^
| The method hide() from the type Dialog is deprecated
| ----------
| 8. WARNING in
src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/viewer/LogFactor5InputDialog.java (at
line 103)
|       hide();
|       ^^^^^^
| The method hide() from the type Dialog is deprecated
| ----------
| ----------
| 9. WARNING in
src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/viewer/LogBrokerMonitor.java (at line
826)
|       JMenuItem menuItem = result;
|                 ^^^^^^^^
| The local variable menuItem is never read
| ----------
| 10. WARNING in
src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/viewer/LogBrokerMonitor.java (at line
945)
|       JMenuItem exitMI;
|                 ^^^^^^
| The local variable exitMI is never read
| ----------
| 11. WARNING in
src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/viewer/LogBrokerMonitor.java (at line
1097)
|       LogFactor5ErrorDialog error = new LogFactor5ErrorDialog(
|                             ^^^^^
| The local variable error is never read
| ----------
| 12. WARNING in
src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/viewer/LogBrokerMonitor.java (at line
1277)
|       fonts = tk.getFontList();
|                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| The method getFontList() from the type Toolkit is deprecated
| ----------
| 13. WARNING in
src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/viewer/LogBrokerMonitor.java (at line
1459)
|       LogFactor5ErrorDialog error = new LogFactor5ErrorDialog(
|                             ^^^^^
| The local variable error is never read
| ----------
| 14. WARNING in
src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/viewer/LogBrokerMonitor.java (at line
1506)
|       LogFactor5ErrorDialog error = new LogFactor5ErrorDialog(
|                             ^^^^^
| The local variable error is never read
| ----------
| 15. WARNING in
src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/viewer/LogBrokerMonitor.java (at line
1569)
|       LogFactor5ErrorDialog error = new LogFactor5ErrorDialog(
|                             ^^^^^
| The local variable error is never read
| ----------
| 16. WARNING in
src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/viewer/LogBrokerMonitor.java (at line
1586)
|       LogFactor5ErrorDialog error = new LogFactor5ErrorDialog(
|                             ^^^^^
| The local variable error is never read
| ----------
| ----------
| 17. WARNING in
src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/viewer/FilteredLogTableModel.java (at
line 39)
|       public class FilteredLogTableModel
|                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| The serializable class FilteredLogTableModel does not declare a static
final serialVersionUID field of type long
| ----------
| ----------
| 18. WARNING in
src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/viewer/LogFactor5LoadingDialog.java (at
line 35)
|       public class LogFactor5LoadingDialog extends LogFactor5Dialog {
|                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| The serializable class LogFactor5LoadingDialog does not declare a static
final serialVersionUID field of type long
| ----------
| ----------
| 19. WARNING in
src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/viewer/LogFactor5Dialog.java (at line 42)
|       public abstract class LogFactor5Dialog extends JDialog {
|                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| The serializable class LogFactor5Dialog does not declare a static final
serialVersionUID field of type long
| ----------
| 20. WARNING in
src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/viewer/LogFactor5Dialog.java (at line 69)
|       super.show();
|             ^^^^^^
| The method show() from the type Dialog is deprecated
| ----------
| ----------
| 21. WARNING in
src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/viewer/LogFactor5ErrorDialog.java (at
line 38)
|       public class LogFactor5ErrorDialog extends LogFactor5Dialog {
|                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| The serializable class LogFactor5ErrorDialog does not declare a static
final serialVersionUID field of type long
| ----------
| 22. WARNING in
src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/viewer/LogFactor5ErrorDialog.java (at
line 60)
|       hide();
|       ^^^^^^
| The method hide() from the type Dialog is deprecated
| ----------
| ----------
| 23. WARNING in
src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/viewer/categoryexplorer/CategoryImmediateEditor.java
(at line 93)
|       CategoryNode node = (CategoryNode) path.getLastPathComponent();
|                    ^^^^
| The local variable node is never read
| ----------
| 24. WARNING in
src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/viewer/categoryexplorer/CategoryImmediateEditor.java
(at line 94)
|       boolean rv = false;
|               ^^
| The local variable rv is never read
| ----------
| ----------
| 25. WARNING in
src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/LogLevelFormatException.java (at line 30)
|       public class LogLevelFormatException extends Exception {
|                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| The serializable class LogLevelFormatException does not declare a static
final serialVersionUID field of type long
| ----------
| ----------
| 26. WARNING in src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/util/LogFileParser.java
(at line 162)
|       LogFactor5ErrorDialog error = new LogFactor5ErrorDialog(
|                             ^^^^^
| The local variable error is never read
| ----------
| 27. WARNING in src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/util/LogFileParser.java
(at line 171)
|       _loadDialog.hide();
|                   ^^^^^^
| The method hide() from the type Dialog is deprecated
| ----------
| ----------
| 28. WARNING in
src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/lf5/util/AdapterLogRecord.java (at line 33)

* Re: meta-java compilation failure
@ 2014-02-13  7:29 ` Gaurang Shastri
From: Gaurang Shastri @ 2014-02-13  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ashish Dalela; +Cc: Yocto list discussion

The main error is
 DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
| ----------
| 1. WARNING in src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/spi/NOPLogger.java (at line
59)
|       void closeNestedAppenders() {
|            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| The method NOPLogger.closeNestedAppenders() does not override the
inherited method from Category since it is private to a different package
| ----------
| ----------
| 2. ERROR in src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/net/SMTPAppender.java (at line
1)
|       /*
|       ^
| The type javax.mail.Transport cannot be resolved. It is indirectly
referenced from required .class files
| ----------
| 3. ERROR in src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/net/SMTPAppender.java (at line
39)
|       import javax.mail.Transport;
|              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| The import javax.mail.Transport cannot be resolved
| ----------
| 4. ERROR in src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/net/SMTPAppender.java (at line
416)
|       Transport.send(msg);
|       ^^^^^^^^^
| Transport cannot be resolved

Do your java contain mail.jar ??

//Gaurang

@ 2014-02-13  7:35   ` Ashish Dalela
From: Ashish Dalela @ 2014-02-13  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gaurang Shastri; +Cc: Yocto list discussion

I see these in my tree:

build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/share/java/gnumail-1.1.2.jar
./x86_64-linux/gnumail-native/1.1.2-r1/mail-1.1.2/source/javax/mail
./x86_64-linux/gnumail-native/1.1.2-r1/mail-1.1.2/javamail.providers.in
./x86_64-linux/gnumail-native/1.1.2-r1/mail-1.1.2/javamail.providers
./x86_64-linux/gnumail-native/1.1.2-r1/mail-1.1.2/javamail.address.map.in
./x86_64-linux/gnumail-native/1.1.2-r1/mail-1.1.2/javamail.address.map
./x86_64-linux/gnumail-native/1.1.2-r1/mail-1.1.2/classes/javax/mail
./x86_64-linux/gnumail-native/1.1.2-r1/mail-1.1.2/javamail.charset.map
./x86_64-linux/gnumail-native/1.1.2-r1/mail-1.1.2/META-INF/javamail.default.address.map
./x86_64-linux/gnumail-native/1.1.2-r1/mail-1.1.2/META-INF/javamail.default.providers
./x86_64-linux/gnumail-native/1.1.2-r1/mail-1.1.2/META-INF/javamail.charset.map

Since I'm building java, I should not have to import an external JAR right?

Thanks
-Ashish

@ 2014-02-13 15:17     ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2014-02-13 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ashish Dalela; +Cc: Yocto list discussion

On Feb 12, 2014, at 11:35 PM, Ashish Dalela <ashish.dalela@gmail.com> wrote:

> I see these in my tree:
>
> build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/share/java/gnumail-1.1.2.jar
> ./x86_64-linux/gnumail-native/1.1.2-r1/mail-1.1.2/source/javax/mail
> ./x86_64-linux/gnumail-native/1.1.2-r1/mail-1.1.2/javamail.providers.in
> ./x86_64-linux/gnumail-native/1.1.2-r1/mail-1.1.2/javamail.providers
> ./x86_64-linux/gnumail-native/1.1.2-r1/mail-1.1.2/javamail.address.map.in
> ./x86_64-linux/gnumail-native/1.1.2-r1/mail-1.1.2/javamail.address.map
> ./x86_64-linux/gnumail-native/1.1.2-r1/mail-1.1.2/classes/javax/mail
> ./x86_64-linux/gnumail-native/1.1.2-r1/mail-1.1.2/javamail.charset.map
> ./x86_64-linux/gnumail-native/1.1.2-r1/mail-1.1.2/META-INF/javamail.default.address.map
> ./x86_64-linux/gnumail-native/1.1.2-r1/mail-1.1.2/META-INF/javamail.default.providers
> ./x86_64-linux/gnumail-native/1.1.2-r1/mail-1.1.2/META-INF/javamail.charset.map
>
> Since I'm building java, I should not have to import an external JAR right?

Its due to weird race condition.

bitbake -cclean log4j-native gnumail-native

and then bitbake log4j-native see if that works

@ 2014-02-15 12:03       ` Ashish Dalela
From: Ashish Dalela @ 2014-02-15 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: Yocto list discussion

Thanks for your help. I tried that now I'm seeing another issue during
cacao configure:

checking where jni_md.h is installed... /usr/local/classpath/include
checking /usr/local/classpath/include/jni_md.h usability... no
checking /usr/local/classpath/include/jni_md.h presence... no
checking for /usr/local/classpath/include/jni_md.h... no
configure: error: cannot find jni_md.h
Configure failed. The contents of all config.log files follows to aid
debugging

In the cacao .bb file, I see the  --with-jni_md_h option, but it doesn't
show up in the configure that is being done.

EXTRA_OECONF_class-native = "\
    --enable-debug \
    --with-vm-zip=${datadir}/cacao/vm.zip \
    --disable-libjvm \
    \
    --with-classpath-libdir=${libdir_jni}:${libdir} \
    --with-classpath-includedir=${includedir}/classpath \
    --with-classpath-classes=${datadir}/classpath/glibj.zip \
    \
    --with-java-runtime-library-classes=${datadir}/classpath/glibj.zip \
    --with-java-runtime-library-libdir=${libdir_jni}:${libdir} \
    --with-jni_md_h=${includedir}/classpath \
    --with-jni_h=${includedir}/classpath \
    --disable-test-dependency-checks \
"

/scratch/yocto/build/tmp/work/i586-poky-linux/cacao/1.6.1-r0/cacao-1.6.1/configure
--build=x86_64-linux --host=i586-poky-linux --target=i586-poky-linux
--prefix=/usr --exec_prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin
--libexecdir=/usr/lib/cacao --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
--sharedstatedir=/com --localstatedir=/var --libdir=/usr/lib
--includedir=/usr/include --oldincludedir=/usr/include
--infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --disable-silent-rules
--disable-dependency-tracking
--with-libtool-sysroot=/scratch/akda/iotg-yocto/build/tmp/sysroots/qemux86

@ 2014-02-16  6:09         ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2014-02-16  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ashish Dalela; +Cc: Yocto list discussion

On Feb 15, 2014, at 4:03 AM, Ashish Dalela <ashish.dalela@gmail.com> wrote:

> checking where jni_md.h is installed... /usr/local/classpath/include
> checking /usr/local/classpath/include/jni_md.h usability... no
> checking /usr/local/classpath/include/jni_md.h presence... no
> checking for /usr/local/classpath/include/jni_md.h... no
> configure: error: cannot find jni_md.h
> Configure failed. The contents of all config.log files follows to aid debugging

It seems to me that cacao is missing patch for supporting openjdk7, can you check if it has
this patch applied in sources

http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/hg/cacao/rev/a567bcb7f589

if not then you have to apply it

-Khem

* Re: meta-java compilation failure
@ 2014-02-19 13:50           ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2014-02-19 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Il 16/02/2014 07:09, Khem Raj ha scritto:

> On Feb 15, 2014, at 4:03 AM, Ashish Dalela <ashish.dalela@gmail.com
> <mailto:ashish.dalela@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> checking where jni_md.h is installed... /usr/local/classpath/include
>> checking /usr/local/classpath/include/jni_md.h usability... no
>> checking /usr/local/classpath/include/jni_md.h presence... no
>> checking for /usr/local/classpath/include/jni_md.h... no
>> configure: error: cannot find jni_md.h
>> Configure failed. The contents of all config.log files follows to aid
>> debugging
>>

> It seems to me that cacao is missing patch for supporting openjdk7, can
> you check if it has
> this patch applied in sources
>
> http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/hg/cacao/rev/a567bcb7f589
>
> if not then you have to apply it
>
> -Khem

I have the same problem here with meta-java (branch master and dora are
the same)
The patch above looks already applied to the original sources
m4/java-runtime-library.m4 used by cacao_1.6.1

Do you have any other idea?

TIA
--
Marco