It was a great time! Next year I should pay more attention that this was happening so I don't sign up at the last moment causing me to miss a day, and having a fever on the last day. Looking forward to next year's! On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 4:25 PM, Ian Romanick wrote: > On 09/26/2017 09:57 AM, Daniel Vetter wrote: > > Hi all, > > > > First again big thanks to Stéphane and Jennifer for organizing a great > XDC. > > > > Like last year we'd like to hear feedback on how this year's XDC went, > > both the good (and what you'd like to see more of) and the not so > > good. Talk selection, organization, location, scheduling of talks, > > anything really. > > Not scheduling it to conflict with another industry event would be a > good start. This is the first XDC that I've missed in nearly a decade. > I know I'm not the only person that missed one or the other due to > scheduling fail. > > > Here's a few things we took into account from Helsinki and tried to > apply: > > - More breaks for more hallway track. > > - Try to schedule the hot topics on the first day (did we pick the > > right ones) for better hallway track. > > - More lightning talk time to give all the late/rejected submissions > > some place to give a quick showcase. > > > > Things that didn't work out perfectly this year and that we'll try to > > get better at next year: > > - Lots of people missed the submission deadline and their talks were > > rejected only because of that. We'll do better PR by sending out a > > pile of reminders. > > - Comparitively few people asked for travel assistance. No idea > > whether this was a year with more budget around, or whether this isn't > > all that well know and we need to make more PR in maybe the call for > > papers about it. > > > > But that's just the stuff we've gathered already, we'd like to hear > > more feedback. Just reply to this mail or send a mail to > > board@foundation.x.org if you don't want the entire world to read it. > > And if you want to send at pseudonymous feedback, drop a pastebin onto > > the #xf-bod channel on the OFTC irc server. > > > > Thanks, Daniel > _______________________________________________ > mesa-dev mailing list > mesa-dev@lists.freedesktop.org > https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/mesa-dev >