On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 4:41 PM Ilia Mirkin wrote: > On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 4:29 PM Jerry Geis wrote: > > yes very weird on the sound. Using analog speakers at the moment > > I got no test sound - and no video sound after getting nouveau to run > correctly ???? > > I was playing analog audio before ? > > Does nouveau only do HDMI audio ? > > nouveau only does HDMI(/DP) audio. A different driver will handle a > built-in sound card (e.g. snd_hda_intel). You might want to reach out > to your distro's support channels to better diagnose what's going on. > Unlikely to have anything to do with nouveau. More likely that you had > added "acpi=off" to hack around this. Or perhaps pci=nomsi for a > broken audio adapter? Don't know. dmesg (not to mention google) will > have the answers. > > -ilia > Thanks - I switched monitors - using a 4K monitor with buildin sound. Sound works now- great. but the screen is not in 4K . Does Nouveau not do 4K - 3840x2160? Thanks! Jerry