On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 2:09 PM Markus Elfring wrote: > > so, that suggestion works the same as my previous shared statement. > > I suggest to take another look at presented implementation details. > > I did it, even digging the grammar and ALL samples and didn't find anything similar to handle format strings with multiple parameters as mentioned. > > > but, only for calls like: *my_printf("%s", h1.name);*, > > I limited my suggestion intentionally. > > > > not for *my_printf("%d here also, tt=%s | %s and %m\n", id, h2->name, > h2->name, s2);* > > Such a function call is using more parameters. Would you get into > the mood then to specify additional metavariables in SmPL script variants? > > I can't because the calls around the code have different uses with different variants. > > so, I am not sure if Coccinelle is able to do that. > > I hope that more useful data processing for format strings will become > supported by the semantic patch language. > Yesterday an information was given that another functionality is also > work in progress. > Interesting. > > > I've read all samples available in the Kernel and Coccinelle repo's > > I find such information interesting and promising. > > > > and I didn't see any similar case. > > This observation can be fine. > How often do you fiddle with source code transformations around > format strings? > > Well, I've used it before but for me, it is the first "complex" case that I am working on. even I still digging trying to figure out how to do that but I still not sure if the Coccelinne is capable to do that yes or no. > > > I think that if Julia Lawall don't know, No one in the world knows. > > Such an impression can occur. - But I would like to point further > possibilities out for desired knowledge distribution. > > * Would you like to contact any more related developers? * How do you think about to improve your own expertise > (around the discussed free software) in any ways? > > Regards, > Markus >