thanks for review my patch. I want to move these macros to linux/slab.h cause I don't want perform merge in slab level. for example. ss read /proc/slabinfo to finger out how many requests pending in the TCP listern queue. it use slabe name "tcp_timewait_sock_ops" search in /proc/slabinfo, although the name is obsolete. so I committed other patch to iproute2, replaced tcp_timewait_sock_ops by request_sock_TCP, but it still not work, because slab request_sock_TCP merge into kmalloc-256. how could I prevent this merge happen. I'm new to kernel, this is my first time submit a kernel patch, thanks! On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Christoph Lameter wrote: > On Wed, 7 Jan 2015, Bryton Lee wrote: > > > move MACRO SLAB_NEVER_MERGE and SLAB_MERGE_SAME from file > mm/slab_common.c > > to file linux/slab.h. > > let other kernel code create slab can use these flags. > > This does not make sense. The fact that a slab has been merged is > available from a field in the kmem_cache structure (aliases). > > > These two macros are criteria for the slab allocators to perform merges. > The merge decision is the slab allocators decision and not the decision of > other kernel code. > > > -- Best Regards Bryton.Lee