All of lore.kernel.org
From: Rajat Jain <rajatja@google.com>
To: Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com>
Cc: Sonny.Quintanilla@dell.com,
	Thomas Zimmermann <tzimmermann@suse.de>,
	Mario Limonciello <mario.limonciello@dell.com>,
	David Airlie <airlied@linux.ie>,
	dri-devel <dri-devel@lists.freedesktop.org>,
	Jared Dominguez <jaredz@redhat.com>,
	Mark Pearson <mpearson@lenovo.com>
Subject: Re: [RFC v2 0/1] drm/connector: Add support for privacy-screen properties
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 12:55:40 -0700	[thread overview]

Hi Hans,

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 10:47 AM Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This RFC takes Rajat's earlier patch for adding privacy-screen properties
> infra to drm_connector.c and then adds the results of the discussion from
> the "RFC: Drm-connector properties managed by another driver / privacy
> screen support" mail thread on top, hence the v2.

Thank you so much for doing this. I was following the said discussion and
eventually it became quite complex for me to understand and follow :-)

> The most important thing here is big kernel-doc comment which gets added in
> the first patch-chunk modifying drm_connector.c, this summarizes, or at
> least tries to summarize, the conclusions of our previous discussion on
> the userspace API and lays down the ground rules for how the 2 new
> "privacy-screen sw-state" and  "privacy-screen hw-state" properties are
> to be used both from the driver side as well as from the userspace side.
>
> Other then that this modifies Rajat's patch to add 2 properties instead
> of one, without much other changes.
>
> Rajat, perhaps you can do a new version of your patch-set integration /
> using this version of the properties and then if everyone is ok with
> the proposed userspace API Jani can hopefully merge the whole set
> through the i915 tree sometime during the 5.9 cycle.

SGTM. I have actually moved to working on something else now, so I will
most likely wait for this patch to get merged, before rebasing my other /
remaining patches on top of that.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Rajat