* Linux 4-10 v 4.13 patching
@ 2017-11-27 15:22 Patrick Venture
From: Patrick Venture @ 2017-11-27 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist

I'm sorry as I probably missed the email, should I send patches
against linux 4.10 or 4.13 or both?

Thanks,
Patrick

* Re: Linux 4-10 v 4.13 patching
@ 2017-11-28  2:39 ` Joel Stanley
From: Joel Stanley @ 2017-11-28  2:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Venture; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 1:52 AM, Patrick Venture <venture@google.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry as I probably missed the email, should I send patches
> against linux 4.10 or 4.13 or both?

Good question. If you want something to boot this week, send them to both.

If you're just wanting to get them in the tree, then just send them to 4.13.

I am working on 4.13 but it's not ready to go yet.

Cheers,

Joel

* Re: Linux 4-10 v 4.13 patching
@ 2017-11-28  2:49   ` Patrick Venture
From: Patrick Venture @ 2017-11-28  2:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Stanley; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

Thanks.  When sending to both, do I need to send a patch for each,
dev-4.10, dev-4.13 in the header or is it better to not specify the
branch in this case?

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 6:39 PM, Joel Stanley <joel@jms.id.au> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 1:52 AM, Patrick Venture <venture@google.com> wrote:
>> I'm sorry as I probably missed the email, should I send patches
>> against linux 4.10 or 4.13 or both?
>
> Good question. If you want something to boot this week, send them to both.
>
> If you're just wanting to get them in the tree, then just send them to 4.13.
>
> I am working on 4.13 but it's not ready to go yet.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joel

* Re: Linux 4-10 v 4.13 patching
@ 2017-11-28  2:51     ` Joel Stanley
From: Joel Stanley @ 2017-11-28  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Venture; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 1:19 PM, Patrick Venture <venture@google.com> wrote:
> Thanks.  When sending to both, do I need to send a patch for each,
> dev-4.10, dev-4.13 in the header or is it better to not specify the
> branch in this case?
>
> On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 6:39 PM, Joel Stanley <joel@jms.id.au> wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 1:52 AM, Patrick Venture <venture@google.com> wrote:
>>> I'm sorry as I probably missed the email, should I send patches
>>> against linux 4.10 or 4.13 or both?

If you send two mails then it will be easiest for me to track. I'd
vote for this.

If you think that will get too spammy, then just specify the branches
you want them applied to in your cover letter.

Cheers,

Joel