booting into MacOS9 with qemu to the Desktop is now possible, see: http://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=7047&start=250 Some issues, remain, certain extensions crash on boot. On Nov 20, 2015 7:46 AM, "Programmingkid" wrote: > > On Nov 20, 2015, at 8:39 AM, BALATON Zoltan wrote: > > > On Thu, 19 Nov 2015, Segher Boessenkool wrote: > >> Some mac99/pmu99 hardware has an ADB keyboard, fwiw (tibook, for > example). > >> The do have built-in USB; that, and being newworld, are not directly > >> related things. > > > > Maybe, but the PowerMac3,1 we are trying to emulate here does not have > ADB AFAIK. Although qemu's mac99 is not a real machine now we should move > to being closer to some existing hardware if we want OSes written for that > hardware to run. > > I use to have the same belief until Mark set me straight. We are only > making an emulator of a new world Mac, not a simulator of a PowerMac3,1. > This means we might be able to get away with not exactly mirroring a real > Mac. The fact that Mac OS 9 can boot up at all does give me hope we are on > the right path. > -- > OpenBIOS http://openbios.org/ > Mailinglist: http://lists.openbios.org/mailman/listinfo > Free your System - May the Forth be with you >