Dear Memory Management Maintainer, I am Po-Hao Su, a graduate student from the Operating Systems and Embedded Systems Lab at National Cheng Kung University in Taiwan. I am writing in reference to report a bug in *do_mmap(...)* function. Recently, I found that there seems a bug after *get_unmapped_area(...) *function is return. *do_mmap(...) *function will check the *addr *parameter is aligned on a page boundary or not after *get_unmapped_area(...)* function is return. But it will return *addr *parameter, not an error(probably to *-EINVAL*) while address not aligned on a page boundary. Therefore, I think address not aligned on a page boundary should be an error(*-EINVAL*). I also discussed this issue with others when the meeting of my lab, others views are consistent with me. In view of this, I report the issue. Attached is the patch for this. If this is a wrong report, I am sorry, and please show me why kernel do it, if convenient. Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you. Best regards, 蘇柏豪, 研究生 作業系統與嵌入式系統實驗室, 國立成功大學資訊工程學系 Email: supohaosu@gmail.com Po-Hao Su, Graduate Student Operating Systems and Embedded Systems Lab, Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan Email: supohaosu@gmail.com