Thanks for the reply... I am attaching some code and output: #include int main() { char name[50] = "Nobody"; FILE* file = fopen("name", "r"); printf("What is your name?\n"); fprintf(stdout, "Reading from file...\n"); fscanf(file, "%s", name); fscanf(stdin, "%s", name); printf("My name is %s\n", name); fprintf(stderr, "I am alive!!!\n"); fclose(file); return 0; } $ cat name Turing $ qemu-system-arm -M netduino2 -nographic -semihosting -kernel vp2.bin What is your name? Reading from file... My name is Turing I am alive!!! $ Basically the scanf call has no effect. I was expecting a pause in execution to input a string, but nothing happens. Regards, ---- Bruno Prado On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 5:38 PM Peter Maydell wrote: > On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 at 21:33, Bruno Prado wrote: > > I was able to use stdout, stderr for output and files for > > both input and output in qemu-system-arm, but stdin is not > > working (always returns -1 from syscall). I found no > > information and have already checked the code for possible hints. > > Rather hard to say what might be going on with this little > information... what semihosting calls are you making, what > do you expect them to do and what do they actually do? > Do you have a minimal test case we can reproduce with? > > thanks > -- PMM >