* Re: radosgw-admin reshard stale-instances rm experience
       [not found] ` <5f56b87b-b1ee-0844-5230-93618032ccbb-fspyXLx8qC4@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-02-21 20:19   ` Paul Emmerich
       [not found]     ` <CAD9yTbF_S97rOTGPTbKO8Gs7ZP99Ymi056_NisWbuJKFeBZjTQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Paul Emmerich @ 2019-02-21 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wido den Hollander; +Cc: ceph-users, ceph-devel

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 4:05 PM Wido den Hollander <wido-fspyXLx8qC4@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> This isn't available in 13.2.4, but should be in 13.2.5, so on Mimic you
> will need to wait. But this might bite you at some point.

Unfortunately it hasn't been backported to Mimic:
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/37447

This is the Luminous backport:
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/25326/files which looks a little bit
messy because it fixes 3 related issues in one backport.

CC'ing devel: best way to get this in Mimic?

Paul

@ 2019-02-26 10:45       ` Wido den Hollander
From: Wido den Hollander @ 2019-02-26 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Emmerich; +Cc: ceph-users, ceph-devel

On 2/21/19 9:19 PM, Paul Emmerich wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 4:05 PM Wido den Hollander <wido-fspyXLx8qC4@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> This isn't available in 13.2.4, but should be in 13.2.5, so on Mimic you
>> will need to wait. But this might bite you at some point.
>
> Unfortunately it hasn't been backported to Mimic:
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/37447

I see. We really need this in Mimic as well. I have another cluster,
which is running Mimic, but it's a suspect as well.

547 buckets, but 290k objects in the index pool. That ratio is not correct.

> This is the Luminous backport:
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/25326/files which looks a little bit
> messy because it fixes 3 related issues in one backport.
>
> CC'ing devel: best way to get this in Mimic?

I'd love to know as well.

Wido