I understand that Xenserver has a different channel but I thought of mailing here as it would target a wider audience and I believe the problem that I am facing would also surface itself within upstream Xen as well as Xen also uses LVM as one of its storage options and the problem is very specific to LVM. Thanks, -Syed On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 11:22 AM, Wei Liu wrote: > On Fri, Apr 01, 2016 at 10:23:42AM -0400, Syed Mushtaq wrote: > > Hi, > > > > I am testing out a system in which each Guest disk is mapped to a LUN on > a > > backend storage. I am using Xenserver 6.5 for this and creating an SR > with > > a single VDI inside it for each Guest disk. The way it would work is, > from > > an LVM point of view, I would have a Volume Group (VG) for each virtual > > disk and a single logical volume (LV) inside that VG. What I am seeing is > > that creating new volume groups is taking a lot of time. In my test after > > creating about 600 volume groups, it took about 4 seconds to create a new > > one. I have observed this to be a linear trend where the more VGs I add > the > > slower future operations become. Other operations like getting the > logical > > volumes inside a VG have also slowed down (even though there is only 1 LV > > per VG). > > > > I was wondering if anyone here faced a similar problem or had some > > experience in dealing with LVM bottlenecks. > > > > Hi this mailing list is for upstream Xen development. For XenServer > related stuff please go to xenserver.org and look for correct channel > there. > > Wei. > > > Thanks, > > -Syed > > > _______________________________________________ > > Xen-devel mailing list > > Xen-devel@lists.xen.org > > http://lists.xen.org/xen-devel > >