Thanks Paul. That was really helpful. On Jun 7, 2017 11:56 AM, "Paul Eggleton" wrote: > On Tuesday, 6 June 2017 9:16:02 AM CEST vijaikumar k wrote: > > I need to override an append function in bitbake. Just wondering if > > there is a way to do it. > > > > do_configure() > > do_configure_append() > > do_configure_append_mymachine() > > > > I want to replace/override do_configure_append() with > > do_configure_append_mymachine(). Is this possible? I do not want to > > disturb do_configure and do_configure_append function. All the > > functions are in the same bb file. > > _append operations stack up, they can't override eachother, so if MACHINE > is > "mymachine" then the final do_configure that gets executed will consist of > do_configure, do_configure_append, and do_configure_append_mymachine. You > should set the contents of those accordingly. > > Cheers, > Paul > > -- > > Paul Eggleton > Intel Open Source Technology Centre >