From: Martin Herrman <martin.herrman@gmail.com>
To: linux-media@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Make menuconfig doesn't work anymore
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 23:30:57 +0200	[thread overview]

2012/7/11 VDR User <user.vdr@gmail.com>:

> Actually I got the exact same error when compiling a new 3.4.4 kernel.

It always feels good to know that you're not alone ;-)

> I assume the api_version.patch is bad or needs to be updated. I simple
> just commented out the "add api_version.patch" line in
> backports/backports.txt and crossed my fingers the drivers I use still
> worked -- which they did so all is well here (afaik). But, yeah it
> does need a proper fix and I only recommend my cheap workaround with a
> YMMV warning.

thanks, this solved the first part of the problem. I can now do a make
menuconfig, but the frontend modules I need cannot be selected,
although the file
/usr/src/media_build_experimental/linux/drivers/media/dvb/frontends/tda18212dd.c
etc. do exist.

I have also looked into the staging drivers and enabled drivers not
supported by this kernel, but stil no luck.

Did you have this problem as well?