* Fwd: New to the Kernel Newbie
       [not found] <CADTvVqcZXmqtcm47=aFDvGjLBW1UNnQV31tDwy1CLGci7N46yg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2018-05-21  9:24 ` Janakiramireddy Tamma
                     ` (3 more replies)
From: Janakiramireddy Tamma @ 2018-05-21  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hello,

I am completely new to the kernel newbie, can some one help me where can I
get started.

Thanks
Janaki Rami Reddy
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* New to the Kernel Newbie
@ 2018-05-21 13:33   ` Daniel Baluta
                     ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Daniel Baluta @ 2018-05-21 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi,

You can have a look at our Linux kernel labs:

https://linux-kernel-labs.github.io/master/

For example, start with a short introduction to Linux kernel:

https://linux-kernel-labs.github.io/master/labs/introduction.html

then create a simple kernel module:

https://linux-kernel-labs.github.io/master/labs/kernel_modules.html

Hope this helps.

thanks,
Daniel.

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 12:24 PM, Janakiramireddy Tamma
<janakiram426@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am completely new to the kernel newbie, can some one help me where can I
> get started.
>
> Thanks
> Janaki Rami Reddy

* New to the Kernel Newbie
@ 2018-05-21 13:49   ` Helen Koike Fornazier
From: Helen Koike Fornazier @ 2018-05-21 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi,

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 6:24 AM, Janakiramireddy Tamma
<janakiram426@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am completely new to the kernel newbie, can some one help me where can I
> get started.

Take a look at lkcamp https://lkcamp.gitlab.io/

There are some videos and some proposed activities under documentation.
We are also having meetups every Tuesday, they are in portuguese but
we stay online in the chat on IRC (described in the Documentation) to
help people and answer questions.

Helen

* New to the Kernel Newbie
@ 2018-05-21 15:01   ` inventsekar
From: inventsekar @ 2018-05-21 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi janaki,
Please provide us more info... What you know and what you don't.
why you want to learn, etc.. as much info as possible.
That will help you get better answers to your query.

Best regards
Sekar

On Mon 21 May, 2018, 2:54 PM Janakiramireddy Tamma, <janakiram426@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am completely new to the kernel newbie, can some one help me where can I
> get started.
>
> Thanks
> Janaki Rami Reddy

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* Fwd: New to the Kernel Newbie
                     ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-05-21 20:07   ` valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
From: valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu @ 2018-05-21 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Mon, 21 May 2018 14:54:20 +0530, Janakiramireddy Tamma said:

> I am completely new to the kernel newbie, can some one help me where can I
> get started.

https://lists.kernelnewbies.org/pipermail/kernelnewbies/2017-April/017765.html

* New to the Kernel Newbie
@ 2018-05-22  5:47     ` Ozgur Kara
From: Ozgur Kara @ 2018-05-22  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

21.05.2018, 16:34, "Daniel Baluta" <daniel.baluta@gmail.com>:
> Hi,

Hello,

> You can have a look at our Linux kernel labs:
>
> https://linux-kernel-labs.github.io/master/
>
> For example, start with a short introduction to Linux kernel:
>
> https://linux-kernel-labs.github.io/master/labs/introduction.html
>
> then create a simple kernel module:
>
> https://linux-kernel-labs.github.io/master/labs/kernel_modules.html
>
> Hope this helps.