* kvm VMCALL question
@ 2016-12-30  9:14 jack.chen
From: jack.chen @ 2016-12-30  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: KVM maillist

hello ,I execute VMCALL in virtual machine,But no vm exit occured,is
the VMCALL need set some bit in register or VMCS ??
thanks!
#define VMCALL_M __asm _EMIT 0x0f __asm _EMIT 0x01 __asm _EMIT 0xc1

* Fwd: kvm VMCALL question
@ 2017-01-02  9:12 ` jack.chen
From: jack.chen @ 2017-01-02  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: KVM maillist

hello ,I execute VMCALL in virtual machine,But no vm exit occured,is
the VMCALL need set some bit in register or VMCS ??
thanks!
#define VMCALL_M __asm _EMIT 0x0f __asm _EMIT 0x01 __asm _EMIT 0xc1
Can any one  help me???
thanks!!!

* Re: kvm VMCALL question
@ 2017-01-02  9:36 ` Paolo Bonzini
       [not found]   ` <CADUDsAr4yajRe8ig9Zsokn=SZo9HND-mWd9sP1KCrqucOPmb2g@mail.gmail.com>
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2017-01-02  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jack.chen, KVM maillist

On 30/12/2016 10:14, jack.chen wrote:
> hello ,I execute VMCALL in virtual machine,But no vm exit occured,is
> the VMCALL need set some bit in register or VMCS ??
> thanks!
> #define VMCALL_M __asm _EMIT 0x0f __asm _EMIT 0x01 __asm _EMIT 0xc1

If you're expecting an exit to QEMU, you won't get it; VMCALL is usually
handled entirely in the kernel.

Paolo

* Re: kvm VMCALL question
       [not found]     ` <22d29f63-6f16-dbf6-9682-9fb1cbbf2f44@redhat.com>
@ 2017-01-02 10:24       ` jack.chen
       [not found]         ` <CAAuJbe+RrRDLGLrwLJHQFiVfPN_6jeXyoati+HMo8o1docFKUw@mail.gmail.com>
From: jack.chen @ 2017-01-02 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bonzini; +Cc: KVM maillist

thanks, I just need it exit to kvm ,however every time I execute
VMCALL,it program breakdown,and no exit occured!!I do not know why!

> Please reply to the mailing list, or I will stop answering your
> questions even there.
>
> Paolo
>
> On 02/01/2017 10:48, jack.chen wrote:
>> thanks, I just need it exit to kvm ,however every time I execute
>> VMCALL,it program breakdown,and no exit occured!!I do not know why!

>>> If you're expecting an exit to QEMU, you won't get it; VMCALL is usually
>>> handled entirely in the kernel.
>>>
>>> Paolo

* Re: kvm VMCALL question
       [not found]         ` <CAAuJbe+RrRDLGLrwLJHQFiVfPN_6jeXyoati+HMo8o1docFKUw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2017-01-03 12:35           ` jack.chen
From: jack.chen @ 2017-01-03 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Huaitong Han; +Cc: KVM maillist

  Thanks,it is my fault that I ignore
 if (kvm_hv_hypercall_enabled(vcpu->kvm))
return kvm_hv_hypercall(vcpu);
in the kvm_emulate_hypercall function,and in fact VM exit did occured!
however,I have another question,I want to set PF_VECTOR in exception
and to intercept a specific address in VM such as 0xFFFFFFFF,at fist I
set PAGE_FAULT_ERROR_CODE_MASK and PAGE_FAULT_ERROR_CODE_MATCH to 0
,so as to get my target error code,then change
PAGE_FAULT_ERROR_CODE_MASK fitting my error code,but at the first
step,host break down!I do not know why!
can you analyse the possible reason??
thanks a lot!