On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 1:59 PM Khetan, Sharad wrote: > Hi Brad, > > +1 > > I like the idea. We have a increasing number of repos and it will be good > to have a model where users can pick the features/repos they want. I guess > it will make OpenBMC offer a microservices model 😊. The challenge will of > course be finding that right base / minimum configuration. That may change > depending on device, usage, architecture. > It’s a good idea to start with the empty list and add from there. > > Actually great for debugging as well. sri Thanks, > -Sharad > > > -----Original Message----- > From: openbmc > On Behalf Of Brad Bishop > Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 1:29 PM > To: openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org > Subject: interest in a minimal image recipe > > I've heard a handful of times that meta-phosphor users often have to > remove the latest feature added by default to obmc-phosphor-image. > > I have an RFC for an empty image that these users could bbappend and > opt-in to specific image features instead of having to repeatedly opt-out. > > If you like the opt-in approach, please drop a +1 and/or review my patch: > > https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/meta-phosphor/+/36516 > > I bring this up now because I, and others have been adding new image > features to obmc-phosphor-image (e.g. turned on by default), and I would > like to start a discussion about what it means for an application to be in > the OpenBMC github organization. I would propose that it means it is > enabled and turned on by default in obmc-phosphor-image. > > Looking forward to your thoughts. > > -brad >