From: srinidhi.m26@gmail.com (Srinidhi M)
To: kernelnewbies@lists.kernelnewbies.org
Subject: Not getting login prompt after CPU entered into cpu_idle() state
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 14:09:29 +0530	[thread overview]

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM, sk.syed2 <sk.syed2@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Here are the final debug statements which we are seeing in the hyper terminal.
>
> Can you post the full logs WITHOUT your debug prints. What is the
> toolchain you are using?

Please find the attached FULL log file without our own messages.

>> If we load 2.6.10 kernel image, we are getting login prompt in the
>> hyper terminal on the same Phytec board.
>
> You can isolate the problem by writing a small utility(blinky) which
> would blink some LED on the board and then pass (init = /sbin/blinky)
> it in your kernel command line.

We are assuming that the kernel is completely booted, in 2.6.32
kernel, without any issues as it entered into cpu_idle state. We are
guessing that there is an error in the file system sources (i.e.
sbin/init). Unfortunately, we do not have the sources for the
available file system and we have downloaded the file system from the
following Phytec link.

http://www.phytec.com/products/linux/bsp-LPC3180.html

Please provide some insight to find out the reason for not getting login prompt.

Thanks and Regards,
Srinidhi M.