Attached is the dmesg from patched kernel. I'm not an expert at debugging the kernel, obviously. I tried setting up a serial console before without much luck as part of this debugging session. I'll try again when I have some time, but I couldn't get to the exact message before -- it scrolled by too quickly (and boot_delay froze the output). On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 10:58 AM Michal Hocko wrote: > > On Fri 25-01-19 10:52:06, robert shteynfeld wrote: > > The person who pointed to mm/page_alloc.c commits likely causing the > > issue did not have time to build a patched/reverted kernel to confirm > > his hypothesis. When I tried backing out the two separate commits he > > suggested, the first commit (ie. the one in the subject) was the one > > that when backed out fixed the boot issue. Reverting the second one > > had no effect. > > OK, so can you provide the full dmesg (with revert) along wth > memblock=debug kernel parameter. Also would it be possible to configure > serial or net console to get the actual panic report please? > -- > Michal Hocko > SUSE Labs