Ping. What's left to be done here? On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 9:58 AM Christian Svensson wrote: > > > On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 1:27 AM Andrew Jeffery wrote: > > By inspection the concept of the patch seems okay to me. However, the > issue > > that host-utils.h takes care of in addition to providing helpers is > support for > > those helpers on systems that don't support 128-bit integers. The patch > should > > be sent to the upstream lists, and I don't think we should be breaking > > qemu-arm-* generally for systems that we might not care about. > > Ah, yes - I missed that there were two - one for systems with int128 and > one for them > without. Hm, that does complicate things. > > Given that we only have one operand that is ever negative, how do you feel > about a patch > that goes along the lines of: > > if (delta >= 0) { > t->start += muldiv64(delta, NANOSECONDS_PER_SECOND, rate); > } else { > t->start = (int64_t)t->start - muldiv64(-delta, NANOSECONDS_PER_SECOND, > rate); > } > > That should avoid any issues I think, save us/me from implementing a > signed muldiv, > but cost a bit on the readable code side. > >