* remove the bbappend of busybox?
       [not found] <520E3BB8.1090708@mentor.com>
@ 2013-08-16 14:59 ` Usman, Fahad
From: Usman, Fahad @ 2013-08-16 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-virtualization

Hi,
I am trying to use meta-virtualization layer with master branches of
poky and meta-oe. But meta-virtualization contains a .bbappend for an
older version of busybox which causes the build to fail. The patch that
this .bbappend file adds has already been merged into the newer version
of busybox so it would not be needed with the newer version.

There is also a defconfig file for busybox in meta-virtualization layer,
and I am not sure if it's needed or not. If it's not needed then I can
send a pull request to remove busybox .bbappend and defconfig file.

Regards,
Fahad Usman.

* Re: remove the bbappend of busybox?
       [not found] <520E3BB8.1090708@mentor.com>
@ 2013-08-16 17:25 ` Bruce Ashfield
From: Bruce Ashfield @ 2013-08-16 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Usman, Fahad; +Cc: meta-virtualization

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Usman, Fahad <Fahad_Usman@mentor.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to use meta-virtualization with master branches of poky and
> meta-oe. But meta-virtualization contains a .bbappend for an older version
> of busybox which causes the build to fail. The patch that this .bbappend
> file adds has already been merged into the newer version of busybox so it
> would not be needed with the newer version.

What version of meta-virt are you using ? meta-virt is sync'd to oe-core master
on 1.21.1

> There is also a defconfig for busybox in meta-virtualization layer, and I am
> not sure if it's needed or not. If it's not needed then I can send a pull
> request to remove busybox .bbappend and defconfig file.

We want the defconfig, it represents the features that meta-virt wants to be
enabled for the most common configs.

That being said, we would take a patch that updates the bbappend and factors
out the configuration changes into a fragment.

Cheers,

Bruce

> Regards,
> Fahad Usman.