Hi Bjørn! 2016-01-20 17:25 GMT+02:00 Bjørn Mork : > > Bjørn, is there something missing in initialization? > > I don't think so. It all looks OK to me. It's just the AT^DHCP? > response which is a bit unexpected. IIUC, the modem LEDs indicate a > connection? What about "AT^NDISDUP?" ? > Initial LED led operation was "blinking green". It changed to "slow blinking blue" after online-modem command. There was no change after activate-context (that produced "AT^NDISUP..."). I did not try manual "AT^NDISDUP?" command, though. I'll try it tomorrow. > > Did you try a DHCP client? Maybe this firmware doesn't implement the > AT^DHCP command but has a DHCP server? > I did not try. I'll try it tomorrow. > > > Is there something wrong with firmware? > > That would depend on the definition of "right" :) > > Huawei can do pretty much what they want since the functions are vendor > specific. They are probably happy as long as the firmware matches the > Windows driver+application. But usually they are pretty good at making > consistent interfaces across different firmware code bases, so the > unusual AT^DHCP? response is unexpected and might be considered a bug. > > > Is there any chance switching modem to HiLink mode (= using cdc_ether) > like > > the older versions did? > > Would it be possible by downgrading firmware or by usb_modeswitch? > > I am guessing the answers are "yes" to all those questions. But I don't > know how... > I guess, it's not a good idea, but I could try removing huawei_cdc_ncm set-up from udevng.c. Anyhow, just inserting udev rule for using cdc_acm with this particular e3131 did not work. > > > If all the answers are no, I suppose I need to switch to for instance to > > ModemManager or ppp without any managers. > > If MM can connect, then oFono should be able to as well. I see that you > didn't find any AT^NDISDUP command in the MM log. Did it by any chance > use PPP? Or was there something else going on? I don't think there bacome any PPP interfaces in ifconfig listing if I recall it correctly. Thanks, Matti