* Adding thread timestamp to event context
@ 2018-10-24 22:05 Alok Priyadarshi
From: Alok Priyadarshi @ 2018-10-24 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lttng-dev

I am trying to add a thread timestamp to trace events. By thread timestamp
I mean the value returned by clock_gettime(CLOCK_THREAD_CPUTIME_ID):
https://linux.die.net/man/3/clock_gettime

I could do this by creating custom events, but I am wondering if there is
already a way to add this information to event context. I have tried using
the following arguments to lttng-add-context, but none of them add any
additional information:
perf:cpu:cpu-cycles
perf:cpu:cycles
perf:thread:cpu-cycles
perf:thread:cycles

Note that I have only enabled userspace events. I use the following
sequence of commands to capture trace:
lttng create
lttng enable-event --userspace --all
lttng add-context --userspace -t vpid -t vtid -t perf:thread:cycles
lttng start
lttng stop

* Re: Adding thread timestamp to event context
       [not found]   ` <CADwgpi-d6gDUB4djoBu_Va-STEGu-2mLm_xfLH=FXb0cd9_O8A@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2018-10-26  9:49     ` Mathieu Desnoyers
From: Mathieu Desnoyers @ 2018-10-26  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alok Priyadarshi; +Cc: lttng-dev

You are the first to show interest in this. It is not on our roadmap for the moment.

Thanks,

Mathieu

--
Mathieu Desnoyers
EfficiOS Inc.

* Re: Adding thread timestamp to event context
       [not found] ` <125123961.343.1540472537413.JavaMail.zimbra@efficios.com>
@ 2018-10-25 21:33   ` Alok Priyadarshi
       [not found]   ` <CADwgpi-d6gDUB4djoBu_Va-STEGu-2mLm_xfLH=FXb0cd9_O8A@mail.gmail.com>
From: Alok Priyadarshi @ 2018-10-25 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)