After promt I am making this thread public so others can participate and learn from it. On 24 March 2014 16:40, Kok, Auke-jan H wrote: > On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Bill Vyzas wrote: > > Hi all, > > > > I have a question about the tunables section. Why the changes from bad to > > good are not permanent? > > > > I don't think it is something very hard to implement, the popular > solution > > on the web is to create a text file with the appropriate commands and > have > > it run every time in the login. I suspect that by making some of the > changes > > permanent you are essentially changing kernel settings so possibly you > run > > the risk of a broken kernel. > > This question has been answered many times on this list, please search > the mailing list archives for the full rationale and discussion. > > Short answer: Your Linux distribution is supposed to properly tune > your system for you. PowerTOP is not an end-user tool that you should > be running every day. > > Cheers, > > Auke >