* <fsl,qman-channel-id> in dts file
@ 2014-06-09 11:43 Tony
From: Tony @ 2014-06-09 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-dev

How's the fsl,qman-channel-id value different for different targets ?
Is there any document on how this value is achieved ?

Or can it be any value ???

Alan.

* Re: <fsl,qman-channel-id> in dts file
@ 2014-06-09 15:02 ` Emil Medve
From: Emil Medve @ 2014-06-09 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony, linuxppc-dev

Hello Tony,

On 06/09/2014 06:43 AM, Tony wrote:
> How's the fsl,qman-channel-id value different for different targets ?

Channel ids are assigned in hardware

> Is there any document on how this value is achieved ?

They are described in the RM of each SoC and in the DPAA RM

> Or can it be any value ???

Nope. It must be the right value or frames will end up in the wrong
portal or worse

Cheers,

* Re: <fsl,qman-channel-id> in dts file
@ 2014-06-09 15:28   ` Tony
From: Tony @ 2014-06-09 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emil Medve; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

Thank Emil.

Where can i find the details about a 'diff' of qman revisions ? The code i
ported doesnt support latest qman revision (REV3). Can i still work on qman
REV1.1 for all the latest targets ? (read t-series)

Regards

@ 2014-06-10 13:18     ` Emil Medve
From: Emil Medve @ 2014-06-10 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

Hello Tony,

On 06/09/2014 10:28 AM, Tony wrote:
> Thank Emil.
>
> Where can i find the details about a 'diff' of qman revisions ?

Let me look if someody bothered to write an AN about this

> The code
> i ported doesnt support latest qman revision (REV3).

Ported from what (I suspect) SDK release? v1.5 should already have
support for the latest xMan revision(s)

> Can i still work on
> qman REV1.1 for all the latest targets ? (read t-series)

I'm inclined to say yes (of course the new features will not be
available), but I need to have a look at the code to see with what
limitations

Cheers,