* net: bridge: multicast: Renaming of flag BRIDGE_IGMP_SNOOPING
@ 2021-06-07 15:59 ` Ujjal Roy
From: Ujjal Roy @ 2021-06-07 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Hemminger; +Cc: David S. Miller, bridge, Kernel, Kernel

Hi Stephen,

Can we rename this flag BRIDGE_IGMP_SNOOPING into something like
BRIDGE_MULTICAST_SNOOPING/BRIDGE_MCAST_SNOOPING? I am starting this
thread because this BRIDGE_IGMP_SNOOPING flag holds information about
IGMP only but not about MLD. Or this is not a common name to describe
both IGMP and MLD. Please let me know about my concern, so that I can
change the code and submit a patch.

Thanks,
UjjaL Roy

* [Bridge] net: bridge: multicast: Renaming of flag BRIDGE_IGMP_SNOOPING
@ 2021-06-07 15:59 ` Ujjal Roy
From: Ujjal Roy @ 2021-06-07 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Hemminger; +Cc: Kernel, bridge, David S. Miller, Kernel

Hi Stephen,

Can we rename this flag BRIDGE_IGMP_SNOOPING into something like
BRIDGE_MULTICAST_SNOOPING/BRIDGE_MCAST_SNOOPING? I am starting this
thread because this BRIDGE_IGMP_SNOOPING flag holds information about
IGMP only but not about MLD. Or this is not a common name to describe
both IGMP and MLD. Please let me know about my concern, so that I can
change the code and submit a patch.

Thanks,
UjjaL Roy

* Re: net: bridge: multicast: Renaming of flag BRIDGE_IGMP_SNOOPING
@ 2021-06-07 16:59   ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2021-06-07 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ujjal Roy; +Cc: David S. Miller, bridge, Kernel

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 21:29:34 +0530
Ujjal Roy <royujjal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
>
> Can we rename this flag BRIDGE_IGMP_SNOOPING into something like
> BRIDGE_MULTICAST_SNOOPING/BRIDGE_MCAST_SNOOPING? I am starting this
> thread because this BRIDGE_IGMP_SNOOPING flag holds information about
> IGMP only but not about MLD. Or this is not a common name to describe
> both IGMP and MLD. Please let me know about my concern, so that I can
> change the code and submit a patch.
>
> Thanks,
> UjjaL Roy

It is part of user API at this point so not possible to remove old definition.

* Re: [Bridge] net: bridge: multicast: Renaming of flag BRIDGE_IGMP_SNOOPING
@ 2021-06-07 16:59   ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2021-06-07 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ujjal Roy; +Cc: Kernel, bridge, David S. Miller