Question, in hard-float, if we don't want to read the fp register. for example: If we wanna compute c = a + b in fp32 if c = a + b In hard float and if b1 = c - a in hard float if b1 != b at bitwise level, the we se the inexat to 1, otherwsie we set inexat bit to 0? are this valid? we can also do it for a * b, a - b, a / b. On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 2:25 AM Alex Bennée wrote: > > Dino Papararo writes: > > > Hi Alex, > > > > > I leave to you TCG's experts how it works and how to implement it, I'm > > only tryng to explain a possible fast way to go (if ever possible) 😊 > > This is all a theoretical discussion unless someone cares enough to > improve the situation. While I have an interest in improving TCG > performance I'm afraid there are many more easier wins before tackling a > target specific hack for which I'm not familiar. No doubt this thread > will be referred to next time someone wants something done about it. > > > ..Large majority of software don't check for exceptions at all and if > > I really want to pursue max precision I'll go for a software > > multiprecision library like GMP or MPFR Libraries. > > However for QEMU we regard failure to correctly emulate the architecture > as a bug - we don't code to common software patterns because there is > plenty of software out there that doesn't follow it. > > > So the hardfloats 'should' be set as first choice and only if > > instruction requires precision/error check process it in softfloats. > > Sure but someone will have to do the work to support that. > > -- > Alex Bennée > -- 此致 礼 罗勇刚 Yours sincerely, Yonggang Luo