On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 11:40 AM, Bjorn Helgaas wrote: > On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 12:21 PM, Linus Torvalds > wrote: >> On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 11:09 AM, Yinghai Lu wrote: >>> >>> If the BAR have all 0, cpu can not access it as hw will forward access to ram >>> controller according to routing table. >> >> On PC's, yes (also likely with many devices - there are definitely >> devices out there were setting the BAR to zero disables it). > > Ooh, we might trip over this some day on a platform with host bridge > address translation that maps to PCI bus address 0. I don't think we > have anything in the allocator that avoids bus address 0 in that case. Anyway, I draft RFC one that replace flags = 0 with flags |= IORESOURCE_UNSET | IORESOURCE_DISABLEd. Let's see how many drivers will fail. Yinghai