* git-subtree checkout under alternate foldername (git version 2.8.1.windows.1)
@ 2016-04-29 12:33 termnml tml
From: termnml tml @ 2016-04-29 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi people.

I want to creat a git repo with two upstreams.

The first is the root of JointsWP (https://github.com/JeremyEnglert/JointsWP
) going straight to my root (repo /).
No problem with this upstream-jointswp.

The second is the sub dir /templates of WooComerce (
https://github.com/woothemes/woocommerce).
he content in this one should go directly into my subdir /woocommerce.

I was able to do a sparseCheckout to only catch the /templates subdir of
the upstream(-woocommerce:/templates).
Now I want to "mv or rename" the checked out /templates to /woocommerce.
I want to keep full track of the commits done to /templates in the
upstream-channel.

Or is the git-subtree the wrong way to go?

Stackoverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36894522/git-subtree-checkout-specific-folder-under-other-name

Thank you great folks.

PS:
Sorry if this is the wrong place for my question.
Got a headsup to try here. ;)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-04-29 12:33 UTC | newest]