* WDS and adhoc support with ath10k
@ 2014-04-09 16:07 Aaron Ray
From: Aaron Ray @ 2014-04-09 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath10k

I've been exploring WDS support in OpenWRT and ath10k. I'm running the
latest openwrt trunk as of this weekend and I'm NOT able to get WDS
working on my ath10k card.

No sta adapter is created also iw doesn't list any support for WDS.
I'd like to get this working if anyone has any ideas.

* Re: WDS and adhoc support with ath10k
@ 2014-04-10  6:17 ` Yeoh Chun-Yeow
       [not found]   ` <CAGsNzD+vQosTK8-ikrxwzrSXY8kzc+GHg5QutB8KdNsHCE8-9w@mail.gmail.com>
From: Yeoh Chun-Yeow @ 2014-04-10  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aaron Ray; +Cc: ath10k

Just make sure that the adhoc mode is working first before proceed to WDS.

Be sure the firmware version is as follow:
[   13.810000] ath10k: qca988x hw2.0 (0x4100016c, 0x043202ff) fw
999.999.0.636 api 2 htt 2.1

I haven't tried the adhoc mode with WDS, but did try for managed and
AP interface.

I think that you need to turn on the 4addr flag in iw:
iw dev wlan0 set 4addr on

----
Chun-Yeow

@ 2014-04-10 23:20     ` Aaron Ray
From: Aaron Ray @ 2014-04-10 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ath10k

Thanks for the response. I'm currently in AP mode, and this was the result:

root@OpenWrt:~# iw dev wlan0 set 4addr on
command failed: Operation not supported (-122)

I thought for sure that command was going to fix it. The link seems to
be up and running fine, it's the extended addressing that seems to not
be working. I've noticed arp requests are going unanswered.

@ 2014-04-11  0:57       ` Yeoh Chun-Yeow
From: Yeoh Chun-Yeow @ 2014-04-11  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aaron Ray; +Cc: ath10k

Take a look on hostapd.conf, and if you have set bridge parameter,
then WDS is turned on in AP mode.

bridge=br0

# WDS (4-address frame) mode with per-station virtual interfaces
# (only supported with driver=nl80211)
# This mode allows associated stations to use 4-address frames to allow layer 2
# bridging to be used.
#wds_sta=1

# If bridge parameter is set, the WDS STA interface will be added to the same
# bridge by default. This can be overridden with the wds_bridge parameter to
# use a separate bridge.
#wds_bridge=wds-br0

-----
Chun-Yeow

@ 2014-04-09 11:14   ` Kalle Valo
From: Kalle Valo @ 2014-04-09 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yeoh Chun-Yeow; +Cc: OpenWrt Development List, ath10k, Bruno Antunes

Yeoh Chun-Yeow <yeohchunyeow@gmail.com> writes:

>> Could someone confirm if WDS and adhoc mode currently don't have support with this driver?
>
> adhoc is working but not perfect, such as rate control not working, no
> HT/VHT rate, and etc. You need to use the firmware version
> 999.999.0.636.
>
> WDS should be working since 4 addresses has fixed by Michal:
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/ath10k/2014-February/001191.html

But the version of ath10k in openwrt is starting to become old, I doubt
it has Michal's fix.

--
Kalle Valo

* Re: WDS and adhoc support with ath10k
@ 2014-04-09  2:47 ` Yeoh Chun-Yeow
From: Yeoh Chun-Yeow @ 2014-04-09  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruno Antunes; +Cc: OpenWrt Development List, ath10k

> Could someone confirm if WDS and adhoc mode currently don't have support with this driver?

adhoc is working but not perfect, such as rate control not working, no
HT/VHT rate, and etc. You need to use the firmware version
999.999.0.636.

WDS should be working since 4 addresses has fixed by Michal:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/ath10k/2014-February/001191.html

---
Chun-Yeow

* WDS and adhoc support with ath10k
@ 2014-04-08 10:02 Bruno Antunes
From: Bruno Antunes @ 2014-04-08 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenWrt Development List; +Cc: ath10k

Hi,

I recently have been testing some 802.11ac hardware with the ath10k.

Could someone confirm if WDS and adhoc mode currently don't have support with this driver?

Thanks,
Bruno