* USB 3.1 support
@ 2021-09-23  1:22 Aaron Williams
From: Aaron Williams @ 2021-09-23  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bin Meng; +Cc: Stefan Roese, u-boot

Hi Bin, Stefan,

Is the U-Boot USB support compatible with USB 3.1 or does this need to be
added? The SoC I'm working on (CN106XX) includes USB 3.1 support. I have not
yet tried U-Boot on this chip but will shortly. If not, are there any branches
with USB 3.1 changes or are no changes required?

Best Regards,

-Aaron Williams

* Re: USB 3.1 support
@ 2021-09-23  1:24 ` Aaron Williams
From: Aaron Williams @ 2021-09-23  1:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bin Meng; +Cc: Stefan Roese, u-boot

Hi all,

You can ignore my previous email. It looks like it's being added as I type
this.

Best Regards,

-Aaron Williams

On Wednesday, September 22, 2021 6:22:00 PM PDT Aaron Williams wrote:
> Hi Bin, Stefan,
>
> Is the U-Boot USB support compatible with USB 3.1 or does this need to be
> added? The SoC I'm working on (CN106XX) includes USB 3.1 support. I have not
> yet tried U-Boot on this chip but will shortly. If not, are there any
> branches with USB 3.1 changes or are no changes required?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> -Aaron Williams

* Re: USB 3.1 support
@ 2021-09-23  1:45   ` Bin Meng
From: Bin Meng @ 2021-09-23  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

HI Aaron,

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 9:24 AM Aaron Williams <awilliams@marvell.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> You can ignore my previous email. It looks like it's being added as I type
> this.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> -Aaron Williams
>
> On Wednesday, September 22, 2021 6:22:00 PM PDT Aaron Williams wrote:
> > Hi Bin, Stefan,
> >
> > Is the U-Boot USB support compatible with USB 3.1 or does this need to be
> > added? The SoC I'm working on (CN106XX) includes USB 3.1 support. I have not
> > yet tried U-Boot on this chip but will shortly. If not, are there any
> > branches with USB 3.1 changes or are no changes required?

USB 3.1 / 3.2 is backward compatible with 3.0 if you are only looking
at the super speed. There is definitely work to do for 10G/20G support
but I doubt that brings too much value to U-Boot.

Regards,
Bin