* regression with sunxi: psci: avoid error address-of-packed-member
@ 2020-01-10 15:30 Nuno Gonçalves
From: Nuno Gonçalves @ 2020-01-10 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

After [1] on a Orange Pi Zero I hang on Starting kernel.

While this commit changed the order of clamp_set fixing it did not
solve the problem for me. It appears that the problem is simply that a
memcpy to sunxi_prcm_reg.cpu_pwroff does not have the same behaviour
as writing a single bit.

Thanks,
Nuno

[1] https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/commit/9bd34a69a453d409792e08c00953ce8862145e65

* regression with sunxi: psci: avoid error address-of-packed-member
@ 2020-01-10 17:51 ` Heinrich Schuchardt
From: Heinrich Schuchardt @ 2020-01-10 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 1/10/20 4:30 PM, Nuno Gonçalves wrote:
> After [1] on a Orange Pi Zero I hang on Starting kernel.
>
> While this commit changed the order of clamp_set fixing it did not
> solve the problem for me.

Do you mean that both with and without the patch your system does not start?

Best regards

Heinrich

@ 2020-01-10 17:54   ` Nuno Gonçalves
From: Nuno Gonçalves @ 2020-01-10 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 6:51 PM Heinrich Schuchardt <xypron.glpk@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 1/10/20 4:30 PM, Nuno Gonçalves wrote:
> > While this commit changed the order of clamp_set fixing it did not
> > solve the problem for me.
>
> Do you mean that both with and without the patch your system does not start?

Affirm. Even after restoring the clamp_set order it did not work for me.

Thanks

* regression with sunxi: psci: avoid error address-of-packed-member
@ 2020-03-12 15:58     ` Nuno Gonçalves
From: Nuno Gonçalves @ 2020-03-12 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

I found that the commit was not reverted yet. Am I missing something?
Is this code working in any sunxi H2+/H3?

Thanks,
Nuno

@ 2020-03-12 16:27       ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2020-03-12 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 04:58:08PM +0100, Nuno Gon?alves wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found that the commit was not reverted yet. Am I missing something?
> Is this code working in any sunxi H2+/H3?
>
> Thanks,
> Nuno
>
> On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 6:54 PM Nuno Gon?alves <nunojpg@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Do you mean that both with and without the patch your system does not start?
> >
> > Affirm. Even after restoring the clamp_set order it did not work for me.

Jagan, do you want me to apply this revert directly?  Thanks!

--
Tom