It might be my mail client: Gmail won't display the entire patch inline. On Thursday, January 19, 2017, Reshetova, Elena wrote: >> On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 8:11 PM, Kees Cook wrote: >> > On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 10:39 AM, David Windsor >> wrote: >> >> The relevant part of the patch has been cut off, but it appears that >> >> you've fixed some of the issues we identified earlier as corner cases >> >> as to reference counting in net/. In particular, inetpeer.c has its >> >> own garbage collection system in place which frees shared objects when >> >> their reference count became -1 (rather than 0). The proposed >> >> solution was to do a global +1 on this refcounting scheme, then >> >> replace unsupported atomic_*() functions with appropriate refcount_*() >> >> calls. >> >> >> >> When submitting this to netdev, it may make sense to separate out >> >> these changes: first, do a global +1 (while still using atomic_t), >> >> then convert to refcount_t. I'm already working on this now, but I >> >> didn't know if you wanted to follow this approach or not. >> > >> > David, if you've got the global +1 patches ready, let's start feeding >> > those to netdev ASAP. We can convert them to refcount_t more easily >> > after that. >> > >> >> Alright, let me get them in order and I'll submit them to netdev. I >> just wanted to make sure that an alternate approach hadn't been >> decided upon. >> > > No, we haven't decided on that. > We had only some +1s, but not for all of it, so if you have a global +1, then it is even better! > Then we can drop +1 parts. > > And what do you mean by " The relevant part of the patch has been cut off " ? It is one huge > patch but I got it in full mailed via list. Do you see it corrupted or? > > Best Regards, > Elena >