Le ven. 19 août 2022, 20:11, Steve McIntyre a écrit : > On Fri, Aug 19, 2022 at 04:03:38PM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote: > >> On Aug 19, 2022, at 3:59 PM, Daniel Kiper wrote: > >> > >> If I do not hear any major objections in the following weeks I will > >> merge this patch or a variant of it in the second half of September. > > > >We’re still formatting our /boot partitions for Debian PowerPC for > >PowerMacs using HFS, so this change would be a breaking change for > >us. > > > >So, that would be a no from Debian’s side. > > Not so fast please, Adrian. At the risk of sounding harsh, non-release > old ports like powerpc *really* don't get to dictate things in Debian > terms. > But booting old machines is still desirable for GRUB. Is there a reason why HFS is actively bad for modern machines? Especially if it's disabled in case of lockdown. Can I have more details about your security concerns? I may consider rewriting parts of HFS code to improve it. > > As Daniel Axtens has been finding out, the HFS code is terrible in > terms of security. If you still need it for old/semi-dead machines, > maybe you should fork an older grub release and stay with that? > > -- > Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK. > steve@einval.com > Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that > there > must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on > the > far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a > silver-handled > knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony DeBoer > > > _______________________________________________ > Grub-devel mailing list > Grub-devel@gnu.org > https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/grub-devel >