On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 5:31 PM Cyril Hrubis wrote: > Hi! > > > > Agreed, that sounds like a great method. > > > > > > Should I send v3 or can I commit v2 with this change? > > > > > > > V3 please, I will help test it all. > > Ok, will send ASAP. > Thanks. > > > I just think of setsid(), is that works and better than setpgid(0, 0)? > > For moving the process out of the process group setpgid() is enough, we > use it in the lib/tst_test.c for the fork_testrun() in order to track > all children of the test process as well. > > I do not think that we need a new session here, that would probably have > strange side effects, for instance it would isolate the tst_timeout_kill > process from the terminal the tests were started in. > Ok, thanks! Let's go with the safe method setpgid(0, 0). -- Regards, Li Wang