On Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 10:04 PM Richard Palethorpe via ltp < ltp@lists.linux.it> wrote: > With the current naming it is common to have 'group' repeated 3 or > even 4 times in one line. This causes a number of readability > problems. Renaming it to cg reduces the amount of repetition. > > The one place it is not renamed is in tst_test because it won't cause > repetition there. Meanwhile it is easier to search the internet for > 'linux cgroup' than 'linux cg'. > > Li Wang suggested renaming tst_cg to tst_cg_test because it is > consistent with tst_cg_drain. However I think tst_cg is used so often > that it is more important to have shorter lines. > To be honest, I only wanted that tst_cg_test pointer :). But I have no objection to renaming 'tst_cgroup_*' to 'tst_cg_*' for the whole APIs. (Though I don't like it) Let's hear more voices from peers. -- Regards, Li Wang