Hi, I am also using docker when building but good point I will make sure that we are using the same version of the docker image. Thanks On Fri, Dec 6, 2019, 17:06 wrote: > Hi, > > On Fri, Dec 06, 2019 at 02:07:47PM +0100, Mans Zigher wrote: > > Hi, > > > > I am trying to use the sstate cache by using a SSTATE_MIRROR. I have > > built everything from scratch once and pushed my sstate-cache > > directory to the server. I then wen't over to another machine and did > > a clean build but this time I made sure it used SSTATE_MIRROR but the > > result was not what I expected > > > > Sstate summary: Wanted 1255 Found 233 Missed 2044 Current 0 (18% > > match, 0% complete) > > > > I have tried it multiple times on different machines with the same > > result the only time it works as expect is when running the build on > > the first machine from which the sstate cache was originally coming > > from. Am I missing something? Or is this expected? > > Maybe host tool versions differ which trigger recompilation of things > like gcc and thus everything gets recompiled. You can use bitbake-diffsigs > to figure out why rebuild was triggered. > > I work around this by using a build container based on LXC and Debian > stable > everywhere, in CI and on developer machines with various Linux distros. > > Hope this helps, > > -Mikko