On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 5:19 PM, warron.french wrote: > So, I needed a feature over 8 months ago, nobody could provide one for the > following: > Rolling log files either when they hit a certain size or the day > changed over at midnight. > > I know that I could have rolled the files at a specific size, by using the > *max_log_file* attribute as identified in the */etc/audit/auditd.conf*, > but there was no "builtin" for managing auto rotation at the start of a new > day (0000 hrs). > > It looks like there is a file called */usr/share/doc/auditd-<**version>* > */auditd.cron* > > *.* > To me*, *this file is new; considering I needed it 8 months ago. > > *Anyway, how is this file implemented? * Simply move it to a directory > with permissions to execute; ensure it is executable and then simply set up > a cronjob to execute it at whatever time of day that I wish? > > *Finally, if I have '-e 2' as the last control in the audit.rules file; > will the auditd.cron which executes as service auditd rotate still function > properly?* > Steve covered the important parts, but for more hand-holding: How to implement audit log rotation with compression based on time instead of size