On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 2:10 PM Peter Maydell wrote: > On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 at 20:56, Frank Yang wrote: > > We'd actually like to contribute upstream too :) We do want to maintain > > our own downstream though; Android Emulator codebase needs to work > > solidly on macos and windows which has made keeping up with upstream > difficult > > One of the main reasons why OSX and Windows support upstream is > not so great is because very few people are helping to develop, > test and support it upstream. The way to fix that IMHO is for more > people who do care about those platforms to actively engage > with us upstream to help in making those platforms move closer to > being first class citizens. If you stay on a downstream fork > forever then I don't think you'll ever see things improve. > > thanks > -- PMM > That's a really good point. I'll definitely be more active about sending comments upstream in the future :) Frank