* Does KVM support Read protecting and Execute protecting EPTs?
@ 2017-02-23 14:58 Rohith Kugve Raghavendra
From: Rohith Kugve Raghavendra @ 2017-02-23 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm

Form the code, it looks like when EPTs are created, they are given UWX
permissions. Later, these entries can be write protected. But I could
not find code to "read protect" or "execute protect" them. Is my
understanding correct? If so how do VMI applications use X permission
bit?

Thanks in advance.
regards,
Rohith

* Re: Does KVM support Read protecting and Execute protecting EPTs?
@ 2017-02-23 16:10 ` Paolo Bonzini
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2017-02-23 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rohith Kugve Raghavendra, kvm

On 23/02/2017 15:58, Rohith Kugve Raghavendra wrote:
> Form the code, it looks like when EPTs are created, they are given UWX
> permissions. Later, these entries can be write protected. But I could
> not find code to "read protect" or "execute protect" them. Is my
> understanding correct? If so how do VMI applications use X permission
> bit?

No, KVM only uses XWR or X-R permissions for EPT.

Paolo