On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 5:12 PM, Ian Campbell wrote: > On Tue, 2014-09-23 at 15:14 +0200, Tamas K Lengyel wrote: > > Define the ARM specific test_and_set_bit functions and switch > > to use maximum gpfn as the limit to setting permissions. Also, > > move HAS_MEM_ACCESS definition into config. > > Please could you mention the removal of the x86 comment about atomicity > here, since the reasoning for its correctness will be of interest to > future code archaeologists. > Ack. I'm still hoping we can figure out if its the code or the comments that's wrong. I tend to think its the comment as it smells like a copy-paste. > > > - rc = xc_set_mem_access(xch, domain_id, default_access, 0, > > - xenaccess->domain_info->max_pages); > > + rc = xc_set_mem_access(xch, domain_id, default_access, START_PFN, > > + (xenaccess->max_gpfn - START_PFN) ); > > So the reason why info->max_pages is no use any more is because ARM > starts at non-zero and has multiple banks? > > I suppose that's fair enough. > > Ian. > Yeap. It's not a problem to start at 0, this is just a bit of optimization from the user's side that I would consider best-practice. The user could also include some logic to skip the hole in-between the banks (if there are multiple banks), but that I felt is too much complexity to include here. Tamas