* Use of SDK for building images?
@ 2021-06-17 12:17 Leon Woestenberg
From: Leon Woestenberg @ 2021-06-17 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

In some other build systems the generated SDK can be used to also
generate an image. Thus the SDK allows development against the target
sysroot using the prebuilt host and target tools, as well as
(re)generate the target images in quick iteration cycles.

What approaches are recommended with Yocto to achieve the same benefits?

My need is to regenerate an initramfs as well as compose this into an
image using WIC.

I am aware of shared state, and using prebuilt toolchains, but my
question is whether the prebuilt SDK allows to generate images?

Regards,

Leon.

* Re: [yocto] Use of SDK for building images?
@ 2021-06-17 12:32 ` Josef Holzmayr
From: Josef Holzmayr @ 2021-06-17 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)