From: Jim Langston <jim.langston@gmail.com>
To: Philippe Gerum <rpm@xenomai.org>
Cc: xenomai@xenomai.org
Subject: Re: [Xenomai] Issues building old drivers under Xenomai 3.0.5
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 17:33:46 -0400	[thread overview]

Philippe,

I'm looking at the documentation for the xnheap* functions, and inserted
them into the code to replace the exising rt_heap* functions.  While it
compiles, it does not work and panics.

The offending call is the init function:

int xnheap_init ( struct xnheap *  *heap*, void *  *membase*, u32  *size*  )

>From looking at the documentation, what is the function of the "membase"
parameter, and what should I put in for its value?  Zero or NULL doesn't
work, but I have no idea what to pass to it -- is it something I get from
another function call, a fixed value, or what?

Thanks,
Jim