Hi Alan, I am also interested in finding a fix for this issue just like Matt. Also I think Anand is interested in this, so +Cc Anand. On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 4:24 PM Alan Stern wrote: [...] > Okay. You can try collecting some usbmon traces to see what's going on. > > First test: Boot with nothing plugged in, start a usbmon trace for bus 0 > (cat /sys/kernel/debug/usb/usbmon/0u >mon1.txt), plug in a first-group > device, run lsusb -v to trigger enumeration, and then kill the "cat" > process. My first-group device is a Corsair Voyager USB 3.0 flash drive To be precise, "lsusb -v" doesn't make new devices show up for me, so I am using "lsusb -vv". I am just pointing this out so we're both on the same page here The attached mon1.txt is the output I get > Second test: Same as the first except that you boot with a second-group > device already plugged in. mon2.txt is the result of: - power off my board (Odroid-C1+) - plug in a second-group device (cheap 1GB USB 2.0 flash drive) - boot Linux (which detects the USB 2.0 flash drive during boot) - cat usbmon ... - plug in my first-group Corsair Voyager - (this was now automatically detected, even without running lsusb) mon3.txt is the result of running cat usbmon ... after lsusb -vv. so the exact steps are: - power off my board (Odroid-C1+) - plug in a second-group device (cheap 1GB USB 2.0 flash drive) - boot Linux (which detects the USB 2.0 flash drive during boot) - plug in my first-group Corsair Voyager - (this was now automatically detected, even without running lsusb) - wait a few seconds - cat usbmon ... - lsusb -vv > The differences between the two traces may indicate where the problem > is. My interpretation of mon1.txt is that there's nothing seen on the bus. I don't see many similarities with the other outputs so I am hoping that you have some hint for me In case it's relevant for your further analysis: - Odroid-C1+ and Odroid-C2 both use the USB PHY driver from drivers/phy/amlogic/phy-meson8b-usb2.c - Odroid-C1+ and Odroid-C2 both use use the dwc2 driver (running in host-only mode in this scenario. there's a second OTG capable dwc2 controller which is currently disabled in mainline Linux on both devices) - Odroid-C1+ and Odroid-C2 have a soldered down 4-port Genesys Logic USB hub - Odroid-C1+ does not use any GPIO to control VBUS on usb1 Maybe Matt can also share the usbmon output from his Odroid-C2 (a device I don't have) to confirm that it's the same issue (and we're not hunting two different problems). Best regards, Martin